Saturday, August 12, 2006

Twelve weeks to go

12 weeks. Including taper. Which brings us down to 9 to 10 weeks of full training until we're on the beach preparing to go into the water for Ironman Florida 2006.

Will I be ready? Will you?

Is anyone besides me getting a teensy bit nervous? Can I convince my body to pedal the bike a mile or two per hour faster, and run each mile in a minute or two less, in a mere 9 or 10 weeks?

Probably not. I'll just do my best to get around the course with a smile on my face, and enjoy every mile of the 140.6 along the way of the journey.

Comments:
I'll be ready. Swam 2.4 open water Saturday and put another 90 miles out on the bike Sunday and my legs felt great. I ripped a quick mile brick and knew I still had the juice to go long if I had had the time.

90 miles, 114 ave HR and 16.5 mph with a cadence of 85. Bring it on.
 
Man you guys with this Iron Man stuff really gives me inspiration. It scares me to think that I might actually, one day even have the guts to consider training for something so surreal.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?