Thursday, May 04, 2006

Six Months

Six months from this moment I will be in the sky on a plane on my way to Panama City for Ironman Florida.

I will feel both fear and confidence. I will feel both fully ready and totally unprepared. My body will be in the best shape of its life.

Six months and two days from this moment I will be in the midst of two thousand other athletes attempting to swim 2.4 miles in the Gulf of Mexico.

Six months and two days from now I will get out of the water, take off my wetsuit, spray on the sunblock, and get on my bike and ride 112 miles.

Six months and two days from now I will dismount from my bike, already having traveled 114.4 miles that day under my own power, and begin running a marathon.

Six months and two days from now I will be transformed.

Six months and two days from now, if I complete my preparation with diligence and everything aligns correctly on race day, I will become an Ironman.

Comments:
I enjoy reading your blog. I'm signed of for Florida as well and the realization of the six month mark hit me reading your blog...I felt great on my run this morning but I am now a little nervous!
 
Six months from today I meet you IRL.
 
6 months til Iron!

NO FEAR

respect the distance, but no fear.
 
Great post!!! 6 months and 2 days from now I'll be OBSESSIVELY poring over my computer screen all day following you guys!!! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?