Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bike shipping

If you're coming to IMFL from a long ways away, (as I am, 1860 miles round trip), you may want to consider this company for transporting your bike for $210 (and optionally, a gear bag with your helmet, wetsuit, bike shoes, CO2 cartridges, etc. for another $25) to Panama City Beach. I haven't used it yet myself, but based on the highly positive reviews that I got from some experienced Ironmen, I signed up with them today. I'm hoping to step off the plane into Florida sunshine well-rested, instead of driving down over 2 or 3 days, with my most important gear shipped down safely the previous week. I can use my other bike if I need to do a couple last-minute rides to stay loose. For me, the expenses of shipping the bike and flying just about break even with the costs of driving and motels along the way and saving a couple of my husband's vacation days. I'd pay a lot more to arrive well-rested!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?